MTA Terms & Conditions
EU Cookie Law
1. Maidstone Tennis Academy accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged property.
2. Lost property found should be handed into the club your child is playing at, lost items can be claimed from the clubs lost and found box or reception at Maidstone.
3. Players are required to wear non-marking shoes on the courts, no astro turf shoes are permitted.
4. Court usage in poor weather conditions is at the individual’s risk.
5. Food and drinks are not allowed on court except drinks in sealed containers.
6. Parents/carers of children aged 6 and under should remain on the premises. Parents/carers are asked to supervise all children not involved in activities, for their own safety and the comfort of others.
7. Players are encouraged to wear MTA clothing in coaching sessions and when playing in competitions.
8. The Maidstone Tennis Academy Management reserves the right to deny entry to any person if there is evidence of misconduct or abusive behaviour.
JUNIOR TENNIS MEMBERSHIP
All Juniors must be members of the Tennis Club they play at, information can be provided by each individual club,
MAIDSTONE FREEDOM LEISURE - There are 2 membership bands, paid directly to Freedom Leisure.
Band 1 allows players to play in up to 2 squads per week plus attend the Junior Club Afternoon on Sundays. You are not permitted to play in matches (this membership is paid termly, currently £11 per term)
Band 2 is for players who attend 3 or more squads per week have individual lessons or attend the Tuesday school programme, represent the club in matches and attend club events, Please speak to reception to discuss current membership rates.
BEARSTED AND THURNHAM LAWN TENNIS CLUB
Currently £10 per term for coaching only membership, paid to MTA who pass it on to Bearsted and Thurnham Lawn tennis club, full junior membership is available at a cost of £50 per year, please contact the club directly for more information.
PEOPLE WITH ADDITIONAL NEEDS
- Players or spectators with additional needs should contact the centre to ensure we can offer all appropriate services.
This includes all coach-led activities
- A trial group session is available for new players, Juniors on a Saturday at 9am (term time only), adults Wednesday at 7pm which is held at Freedom Leisure, Maidstone.
- Coaching programme participants must be members of the participating club.
- Courses and sessions must be booked and paid for in advance. If you do not pay by the allocated deadline date, we cannot guarantee your place, if you pay by 3 installments, by paying one instalment you are entering into an agreement to pay the remaining fees outstanding.
- No refund or transfer of lessons is permitted in the event of non attendance by the customer regardless of the circumstances.
- In the case of prolonged illness or injury:
- There are no credits or refunds for missed sessions
- Please inform us in writing if you or your child has a prolonged illness or injury. You will be required to pay for the first 4 weeks of missed sessions from the date of notice given and a credit* or refund will be given for further sessions missed.
- Please note that your/your child’s space will not be reserved for the following term.
- Supervision of children: Children must be taken to/collected from activities by an adult. We recommend that all children should be supervised during their visit to the centre. Parents/carers should remain on the premises during the session for children aged 6 or under.
- It may be necessary, on occasions, to change a coach or to arrange a substitute coach.
- We reserve the right to cancel sessions, close groups or close the centre. In this case players will be credited or refunded.
- In the event of an indoor lesson being moved outside, customers will only be offered a catch up session if the session is affected by adverse weather conditions.
- Wet weather: if the courts outside are unplayable, sessions will go ahead with adapted activity or a catch up session will be offered.
- These may include sharing an indoor court with another group, tennis/fitness activity in the studio, S&C in the gym, or tennis theory in the studio room. Cancellation requires a terms’ notice. Players are also required to be available for MTA teams.
- Holiday activities may be booked by members and non-members. Payment is made at the time of booking, by phone or by bank transfer/email. If you cancel 48 hours in advance, the fee will be transferred to another camp. There is no credit for cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance. *Credits must be used within 6 months
TERM TIME PRIVATE LESSONS
- Private lessons can be rescheduled if you are representing your club in a match as long as you notify your coach as soon as the match is arranged.
- If your child is ill you can reschedule your lesson as long as 24 hours notice is given to the coach.
- If you need to change a lesson for any other reason this is not permitted, please try to swop a lesson with someone else, please ask your coach for names of other children who have individual lessons that it may be possible to swop with.
NON TERM TIME PRIVATE LESSONS
Lessons are arranged directly with a coach during holiday time.